PreModIE – Predictive Model of Industrial Employability
The German labour market currently faces three major challenges that will affect the labour situation in the future: trade, technology and demographic change. In this context the overall question is how to enable working age people to stay employable and contribute to the long-term competitiveness of the German industry. The general need for adaptive employees and specialists will increase as the supply of working age people continues to decrease or diversify. This will lead to the following problems:
- An increasing number of people who do not meet the requirements for industrial employment
- A decreasing number of people of regular working age leading to a shortage of available employees
- An increasing number of older people who need to be employed longer
- An increasing number of older employees who need to be highly adaptive
- An increasing number of people with a migration background who need to be integrated
Therefore, the main objective of this DFG project (cooperation chair of management accounting and WZL) is the development and testing of a Predictive Model of Industrial Employability that enables organisations to deduce interventions that positively affect employability.